Q.

What is so special about the London Olympics?

Tags: careers, books, london
Asked by dharamender nebhnani, 11 Jul '12 04:33 pm

1.

What makes the Olympics so special isn't simply that 10,000 athletes from around the world gather together and countries like the U.S. and China duke it out for the medal count. It's that for most athletes it's their one moment of glory, a moment so fleeting that it takes all the mental fortitude they have not to choke their guts out.

We saw it at the trials, where winning was big, but scoring that ticket to London was even bigger. It's almost always accompanied by a huge feeling of relief, especially so for people like swimmer Jessica Hardy, who was kept from going to Beijing because of a failed drug test.

AP
FILE This Wednesday, March 7, 2012 file photo... View Full Caption
"I'm going to London!" Hardy exclaimed on Twitter after winning the 100 freestyle Saturday night. "Swam race of my life tonight, all heart and soul."

Answered by Rose, 11 Jul '12 04:39 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

Yes . I know.Tuberculosis or TB (short for Tubercles Bacillus) is a common and often deadly infectious disease caused by mycobacteria, usually Mycobac..more

Answered by Josna