Using your phone's internet browser
go to:  qna.rediff.com
Click and drag this link to
the Home icon in your browser.
Q.

Unit 731 was a covert military facility run by Japanese in world war 2. They conducted live experiments on humans and their crimes clearly indicate genocide.

Anyone guesses on the fate of the ppl who ran unit 731 after Japan surrendered?

Tags: science, environment, japanese
Asked by A Moin, 23 Apr '10 06:45 pm
  Invite a friend  |  
  Save  |  
 Earn 10 points for answering
Answer this question  Earn 10 points for answering    
4000 characters remaining  
  
    
Keep me signed inNew User? Sign up

Answers (4)

1.

Because of their brutality, Unit 731's actions have since been declared by the United Nations to have been crimes against humanity.
According to the 2002 International Symposium on the Crimes of Bacteriological Warfare, the number of people killed by the Imperial Japanese Army germ warfare and human experiments is around 580,000.
More than 95 percent of the victims who died in the camp based in Pingfang were Chinese and Korean, including both civilian and military.[3] The remaining 5 percent were South East Asians and Pacific Islanders, at the time colonies of the Empire of Japan, and a small number of the prisoners of war from the Allies of World War II.

They were felicitated by the Japanese even Hirohito gave a free hand to Ishii the erstwhile Commander of this Unit for constructing and conducting further experiments and this unit was name Idhii Unit. Other members of Unit 731 were absorbed as administrators post World War II Japan.
Answered by QueSera Sera, 23 Apr '10 07:02 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
2.

These terrible experiments were done under the leadership of Major Shiro Ishi, an army microbiologist. Many of those involved in these grissly Japanese experiments of Unit 731 became successful after the war. Quite a fewr held senior university posts in the field of medicine. Another headed up a leading Japanese pharmaceutical company. Still others gained positions ranging from President of the Japan Medical Association, through to Vice President of the renowned Green Cross Corporation. Unrepentant, Ishii died in 1959.
Answered by joyoti sen, 23 Apr '10 06:54 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (1)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
3.

It was the most prevailing capital punishment, six gun salute, lined-up and shot
Answered by judalline, 23 Apr '10 06:50 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received
4.

Experimented ??
Answered by conviction, 23 Apr '10 06:46 pm

 
  
Report abuse
Useful
 (0)
Not Useful
 (0)
Your vote on this answer has already been received

Ask a Question

Get answers from the community

600 characters remaining