Q.

The toughest task in the world is to change the mentality of Indian males.Their attitude towards women makes simplest work most difficult in the world.They feel uncomfortable in company of females n jealous of our success.
Don't u think that due to this mentality women are not very successful in corporate world even though they possess all skills required?

Asked by Vaibhavi Mishra, 16 Oct '08 03:08 pm

1.

There are some males who are jealous of their success because they suffer from inferiority complex. Most of them treat women with respect. They help them and encourage them. It is true that women have to work harder to prove their worth. They have to face a tougher competition in a men's world. They need lot of perseverance and patience. If some women are unsuccessful it is because they have not been able to earn respect from their male counterpart. The rule of the game is work harder, and don't give up. Men will one day yield and give female their rightful place.
Answered by Jack Johnson, 16 Oct '08 04:17 pm

(2)
 (0)
2.

Dear Vaibhaviji, Excuse me mam but I am myself and HR (Head) in a Corporate sector and you wont believe that in my HR team there are 12 females out of 20 in the team and I never judge a person by female or male. I just see their capabilities to handle the situation and I feel females are more brighter, no jokes mam. Regards Cyrus
Answered by cyrus irani, 16 Oct '08 03:36 pm

(1)
 (0)
3.

Not all men are like dat
Answered by Saj Sierra, 16 Oct '08 03:34 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

You're asking me?? If I list each and every feature of the Indian male that has come in the way of women's development then my list will reach the moon.
Answered by joyoti sen, 16 Oct '08 04:31 pm

(0)
 (0)

5.

Firstly, a lot many things may be specific to Indian males, but if you are talking about attitude, it is a universal one for both males and females. A country like U.S took 150 after declaration of Independence based on a person's individual right to liberty, freedom and pursuit of happiness to give the woman the right to exercise franchise. But the world has changed pretty drastically since then. It has taken less than 35 years for the women to declare their liberation in every aspect and go on to set their own agenda. Prejudices and looking down on them may have continued even after that, but today they are in a much more stronger position then they were even 25 years ago. ============

Answered by Omega, 16 Oct '08 07:41 pm

(6)
 (0)
6.

One cannot make sweeping generalisations and condemn the entire male species........especially today when we see women make giant leaps in the corporate world. ...and the number is increasing by the minute.

In today's urban world....there is a very thin line between male / female capabilities.....and they have equal opportunities... The main reason why women need to prove themselves more because they are new entrants to the male-dominated society....so naturally some adjustment, eqo-bruisings are to be expected. .... Sometimes women themselves are to be blamed....they cover up their own inadequacies and blame the men for not letting them come up.
A capable and determined person will succeed no matter what obstacles come his / her way....even in a male dominated society or otherwise.
Answered by sumitha, 16 Oct '08 06:08 pm

(3)
 (0)
7.

See dear as far as i am concerned, to some extent i may agree with you . but dear every coin had two sides. Women are having all the skills required. Our Ex ( Late -P.M was a women, do you think she is not having any skills. She has got more skills than these present day Prime Ministers. She has changed the complexation of India and made the armed forces as a feared one. Yes, i do agree with you in some points, where male ego hurts when they work under a Female boss and starts doing the thing which they should not do. but what to do ? it is not only with India but around the whole world it is this atitude make them hevoc. and bye the way, the women who were career oriented were successful and climed up in the ladder. ( if they are single ) but on the whole, there is some times, when they get married and become a mother of a child, it is very difficult for them to concentrate on both , home and job and then they resign and sits at home and that is a pity. but on the whole, please ...more
Answered by Gopal, 16 Oct '08 05:55 pm

(3)
 (0)
8.

You are very correct Vaibhavi. Mean have always been like this.Deceptive, cruel, heartless, merciless, hard mean and what not.......much more than that.So what??Who is stopping you to free your wings and enjoy the free flight??Its not the world dominated by men stopping women but their own perception of the world.They remain predetermined that a man will always act the wrong way, so much engrossed with their own fears n worries.They remain afraid of their own self n weaknesses.I'm not defending the men as I have nothing to defend.What I'm saying is that there is a big problem in a woman's attitude.She tries to shield her unwillingness to face challenges and lack of self confidence by blaming males."Males have been wrong n always creates unhealthy environment, and they will continue this way without giving ourselves a chance to prove our point" or "These wolves are like this/that only! Always demanding too much."------------Take a break ladies.This is unhappening n a negative attitude.T ...more
Answered by prashant sharma, 16 Oct '08 04:13 pm

(3)
 (0)
9.

Vaibhavi, you may be right. But your views are not alright. Things have changed a lot and so have the men. The bad thing is we have to go by general perceptions, and that way you are right. I haven't gone through the other answers, but i am sure someone must have told you that sometimes the things are the other way round also. Thankfully, I have faced none of the side. And i appreciate that such views which are meaningful to life are taken here as well. It is very difficult to find good questions even, let go the good answers.
Answered by SUHRID BHATNAGAR, 16 Oct '08 06:22 pm

(2)
 (0)
10.

Well Vaibhavi, I am notr sure, whether you would have to go through my answer. Still, here it is.
1. While there are the male/female discrimination for sure to some extent, but it is absolutely wrong to criticize all males and blame this one reason only for the failures of some females to be successful.
2. Like there are males of varying abilities, there are females with varying ablities. So if a woman is not successful in a corporate house, instead of blaming it on male chauvinism, you need to take an unbiased view about her abilities too. Now comes your statement "being equal in abilities" - In any corporate house, for every one manager, you'll find at least five juniors, bashing him, considering themselves to be having more abilities than him to manage.
Answered by manish varma, 17 Oct '08 05:23 pm

(1)
 (0)

Q.

When we are with our close friends we may not find it too hard to spend time, instead time will fly off. But if we are with some boring persons or som..more