Q.

Was Jesus the only Son of God from the old and new Testament ?

Tags: son, relationships, god
Asked by peace rocket, 28 Nov '11 04:31 pm

1.

Yes.. According to the Bible, one of the incidents itself proves that Jesus as the Son of God, as follows:- When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that you are John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He asked them, But whom say you that I am? Peter said, You are the Christ (Messiah), the Son of the Living God. Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Bar-jonah, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in Heaven.

Answered by Joseph Chacko, 28 Nov '11 05:19 pm

(0)
 (0)

2.

This is great misconception , looking from Bible
Son of God, what does it mean? On this web page we have collected some of the chapters from the Bible (Old Testament and New Testament) to help clearify the meaning of " Son of God." God addressed some of his special people as "Son of God" or "children of God." It is also documented that some Prophets have addressed some priests and good peoples as "Son of God" .

Adam is a son of God
(Genealogy of Jesus)..."the son of Seth,the son of Adam, the son of God."
Luke 3:38

Israel
"Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son."
Answered by muslimah, 28 Nov '11 04:33 pm

(3)
 (1)
3.

"Son of God" is a phrase which according to most Christian denominations, Trinitarian in belief, refers to the relationship between Jesus and God, specifically as "God the Son". To a minority of Christians, nontrinitarians, the term "Son of God", applied to Jesus in the New Testament, is accepted, while the non-biblical but less ambiguous "God the Son" is not.

Throughout history, emperors have assumed titles that amount to being "a son of god", "a son of a god" or "son of Heaven". Roman Emperor Augustus referred to his relation to the deified adoptive father, Julius Caesar as "son of a god" via the term divi filius which was later also used by Domitian and is distinct from the use of Son of God in the New Testament.[2]

Answered by saranathan Narasimhan, 28 Nov '11 04:35 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

No, since christinity was born much after Hinduism.
Answered by ajay, 28 Nov '11 05:56 pm

(0)
 (0)
5.

I dnt belivee in Christianity
Answered by ambuj kumar, 28 Nov '11 04:32 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

37 - Nero Claudius Augustus Germanicus, 5th emperor of Rome (54-68)1534 - Lucas Osiander, composer1567 - Christoph Demantius, composer1574 - Samuel Be..more

Answered by sandeep shah