Q.

How I improve my english..??

About: Friendship Day special: \'I thank God that we met\'

Asked by Deepak Sharma, 02 Aug '10 04:26 pm

1.

No thinking - that comes later. You must say or write your first draft with your heart. You rewrite with your head. The first key to writing is... to speak , to write, not to think!
One of the most important things to know while speaking or writing is that a blank paper can be your worst enemy. I have seen even the most brilliant speakers , writers struggle with a piece of empty white paper. Getting started is probably the most difficult thing for anyone, be it a seasoned writer or a simple person just like you and me.

We all have this inner urge to get started and finish off in one draft. We are too scared of making mistakes. Allow me to tell you a well-known secret.... No one, absolutely no one gets it all right the first time. In fact I am sure when God was formulating his 10 commandments, he probably had some drafts so he can create the right impact with those words -kidding.
Answered by PARTHA PATHAK, 02 Aug '10 04:36 pm

(3)
 (0)
2.

How can I improve my English...with practice, reading, writing etc.
Answered by uv dabholkar, 02 Aug '10 04:29 pm

(1)
 (1)
3.

Read more where you have doubted ref dictionary, Try to talk english whether its correct or not
Answered by ala, 02 Aug '10 04:29 pm

(1)
 (0)
4.

Always come here and participate in our fourm !! : p
Answered by Raj, 02 Aug '10 04:27 pm

(1)
 (0)
5.

First u have to be mentally ready to learn it!
make english ur friend, then u will see how it is interesting, but make it ur frnd!
Answered by Soham Gaikwad, 24 Oct '10 10:37 am

(0)
 (0)
6.

Read newspaper
Answered by manpreet, 20 Aug '10 06:11 pm

(0)
 (0)
7.

English is accepted the globaly accepted for international communication. So to improve your skills in English you should attend language classes, reading national news paper, communication with friends etc.
Answered by Mintcad, 02 Aug '10 06:38 pm

(0)
 (0)
8.

Interact in English with those who know good English...!
Answered by Dil Se, 02 Aug '10 05:09 pm

(0)
 (0)
9.

Hello Deepak!Firstly,let me congratulate you on your thirst to learn something new.
English has acquired the status of lingua franca(commonly used language between people other than their mother tongue)in many regions.A working knowledge of English has become a necessity in various fields and professions.
I feel the following tips will help you to improve your English skills.

1.READ-as many English books,newspapers and periodicals as possible.This will help you to learn new words.Keep a good dictionary at hand,in case you cannot figure out what certain words mean.

2.WATCH and LISTEN-to as many English news,talk shows or any other programme in English on television or radio.

3.COMMUNICATE-Talk to your friends in English.If you feel shy or awkward,start by speaking to your best friends and then you can move on to people lesser known to you.If you do not use what you have learned,then you tend to forget.

Answered by Shamidha Hameed, 02 Aug '10 04:50 pm

(0)
 (0)

Q.

Answered by krunal modi